The past 3 years have exposed the clear flaws in our health systems, the divide between metropolitan and regional health services cuts deep. SFFP wants to see a massive re-investment in regional health where people living in regional and rural Victoria can access the same benefits those people in metropolitan Melbourne regularly enjoy.
• Promote the expansion of better health and aged care facilities in rural and regional areas.
• Expand specialist equipment into regional Hospitals
• Attract and retain more GP's to rural and regional areas
• Expand regional training of nurses and GP's
• Re-invest into regional and rural ambulance services
• Continue support for telehealth
• Improve working conditions and pay with a focus on experienced doctor and nurse retention to improve shortages across Victoria.
• Push for an expansion of defibrillation machines to a wider range of locations/ clubs etc