Public Land Management & Access
The Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party believe that land management over the last few decades have been an unmiti-gated disaster, the breakaway from informed decisions based on science and experience has been thrown aside to ill-informed decisions based on biased emotions. Overwhelmingly, we have seen a rise in the worst outcome; new parks and bushfires. SFFP will push for a fundamental change to land management.
• We have one simple position; public land is to always remain open and accessible for the public
• SFFP will reject any proposals for new parks in Victoria
• Introduce a motion calling for a permanent moratorium on any new parks or restrictive land classifications
• Work to make current recreational activities allowed in state forests retrospectively allowed in appropriate parks
• SFFP will push for government to return to the targets of the 2009 Black Saturday Bushfires royal commission
• Advocate for a return to alpine cattle grazing
• SFFP will pursue a review of all public land tenures, their access and recreational activity status including bird sanctuaries, state game reserves, wetlands and parks with emphasis on improving access to recreational activities
• Protect recreational miners rights.
• Helicopter culls are a gross misspend of public funds; we will push for recreational hunters to be the first port of call with helicopters used for more inaccessible areas.
• Ensure that firewood collection in state forests is made far more accessible and integrated into bushfire management strategies